South London Occupational Health Manager OHM United Kingdom via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term / permanent basis.
***Location: South London United Kingdom
***Speciality: Occupational Health
***Grade: Occupational Health Manager
***Duration: Fixed Term / Permanent
***Pay Rate: £Negotiable (dependent on experience £31,383 to £46,373)
***Start Date: Flexible
***NMC Registration Required (Nursing & Midwifery Council) Essential
Overview & Purpose
The post holder will be a health care professional with:
- Be responsible for the management of the external care provider Developing plans of delivery and monitor outcomes. The OHNM will work closely with Trust managers and HR managers to actively and proactively promote staff health & wellbeing to co-ordinate the reduction in sickness absence.
- Champion best practice in the provision of a quality occupational service.
- Clinical & management expertise who will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality, proactive Occupational Health service to the Trust.
- Ensure robust operational systems and processes are developed by providing professional leadership and direction.
Duties & Responsibilities (guideline only)
- Plan, develop, co-ordinate and monitor the delivery of Occupational Health Services provided to the Trust in accordance with SLA to ensure a high quality value for money service and to improve and promote best practice Occupational Health.
- Maintain systems and processes to promote a healthy, safe and secure working environment, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining documentation and reporting any concerns.
- Develop strong working relationships with both internal and external managers, with HR Advisors, Health & Safety, and staff side representatives to ensure relevant advice information and guidance is provided.
- Provide OH advice to deliver improvements through proactive advice and interventions to sustain high attendance levels of all staff and to achieve the Trust KPI’s in terms of absence management
- Lead on the Trust’s Vaccination and Immunisation Plan, including the annual Flu Immunisation Plan, developing sustainable promotional materials etc., and increase immunisation levels year on year.
- Provide a comprehensive specialist service, accepting accountability and responsibility for the management and effectiveness of the Occupational Health service function on a day to day basis for our client based in South London
- Monitor and report on quality standards by external Occupational Health providers, identifying risks, audit, benchmarking, preparing and implementing of Health & Wellbeing action plans with measured outcomes to improve quality of service.
- Provide comprehensive progress and business development reports as required against generic KPI’s.
- Provide data gathering systems and feedback mechanisms and undertake statistical analysis to inform future activities and plans.
- Lead and develop health prevention and interventions for staff and host health promotion events and monitor trends and react accordingly.
- Act as the Trust expert on current and future developments on the national Health & Wellbeing agenda and to represent the Trust both internally & externally.
- Lead on positive Health and Wellbeing initiatives for staff.
- Work closely with the Trusts’ Staff, Advice and Liason Services (SALS) to promote collaborative working and effective utilisation of internal expertise to support staff generally.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Trust policies and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Maintain a professional profile and to work to the NMC code of professional conduct.
- Work with members of the Directorate to investigate the causes of any variance from target/plan, and proactively contribute to the implementation of solutions, management of a risk and issues and/or develop proactive resolution and escalation processes.
- Contribute to performance improvement, taking a lead for identified areas where agreed, provide co-ordination of and participate in relevant internal and external working groups, and provide advice, expertise and support where needed. Provide relevant and timely specialist advice and guidance on own portfolio of projects/function.
Key Working Relationships:
Senior Specialist Nurse Advisers, Matron, Clinical Service Manager, Office Manager, Contract Manager, General Manager, Clinical Director, Occupational Health Physicians (OHP), Nursing Staff, Allied Health Professionals, Administrative and Clerical Support Staff and other members of the OH team.
- Develop and implement data collection systems that will provide accurate and timely data, and present information and issues, explaining highly complex issues to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide a mobile Occupational Health Service facility, where appropriate, across the region.
- Maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, and participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services and initiatives to provide information and analytical advice and expertise.
Financial and Physical Resources:
- Provide regular reporting on the targeting of resources and monitoring their implementation from a value for money perspective.
- Pursue contract variations and eradicate any potential for inefficient appointment booking arrangements.
- Devise and provide improvements to current management information, analysing, reporting and suggesting procedures to enhance decision making processes, and ensure timely and accurate information analysis and reporting to management on agreed areas of work.
Policy and Service Development
- Contribute to the review and development of existing information management systems, and contribute to the development of an integrated approach to ensure service line management’s needs are met.
- Develop policies and procedures in own work function with an impact on the wider organisation, as required.
Research and Development:
- Contribute to the development of key performance indicators for the successful assessment of individual and work stream success, and contribute to Directorate Research and Development activities, collating information, analysing and reporting findings.
NB: This job description is an indication of the type and range of tasks that are expected of the post holder –it should be used as a guideline only. It will be reviewed and amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder to take account of changing organisational need.
**** Occupational Health experience working within the NHS / Healthcare setting.
****Experience in a pro-active Occupational Health role.
****Qualification or proven experience of health promotion.
****Demonstrate experience of developing an organisation wide service
**** Knowledge of NMC code of conduct /confidentiality /HSE legislation DOH guidance.
****NHS/OH policies and procedures.
**** Registered Nurse on the NMC register
****Recognised management experience.
**** Full UK Driving License
****A high level of knowledge and experience of the management of sickness absence and the Health & Wellbeing Agenda in the context of the organisation.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for doctors, nurses & AHP medical professionals.
Nurse & Midwifery Guide to Working in the UK – Click here
Call us today on +44 (0)1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your NMC registration to firstname.lastname@example.org . You are able to apply online (see below)