Occupational Health Technician OHT East London United Kingdom via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term / permanent basis.
***Location: East London United Kingdom
***Speciality: Occupational Health
***Grade: Occupational Health Technician
***Duration: Fixed Term / Permanent
***Pay Rate: £Negotiable (dependent on experience £21,000 to £27,000)
***Start Date: Flexible
***NMC Registration Required (Nursing & Midwifery Council) Essential
The key objective of the Occupational Health team is to deliver a range of occupational health services to customers in accordance with agreed contractual specifications to include: post offer health assessment, health surveillance assessment, drug and alcohol test and any other occupational health related activities for our client based in East London
- Following training and assessment, the OHT will undertake agreed clinical activities as required by the client including phlebotomy, taking blood pressures, drug and alcohol screening and health surveillance.
- Assist in undertaking a range of service items e.g. Drivers medicals, Well Person medicals and any other service that may be required.
- Undertake workplace visits for any issues relating to health at work relating to the OHT’s scope of practice.
- Be accountable for delivery, recording and reporting health surveillance and escalating results of concern to a specialist clinician, either nursing or medical.
- Carry out infection and immunity screening for staff and take appropriate action according to established policies and protocols.
- Work unsupervised at times both in the department and at other premises, delivering high standard OH services to clients allocated to their care.
- Assist the Occupational Nursing Staff in supporting the clinical activities of the business.
- Be responsible for cleaning and stock checking clinical areas as per protocols and checklists. Help maintain clinical supplies and ensure that all clinical rooms are suitably maintained on a daily basis for the clinics to be carried out.
- Help promote the health and wellbeing of employees.
You will have experience or NVQ level 2/3 or similar technical certificates e.g.
- HAVS Tiers 1 & 2
- Willingness to drive a mobile screening unit to deliver OH Services
NB: This job description is an indication of the type and range of tasks that are expected of the post holder –it should be used as a guideline only. It will be reviewed and amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder to take account of changing organisational need.
Skills & Qualities:
Excellent Communication Skills – written and verbal; IT Literate; Strong Organisational Skills including attention to detail; Good Interpersonal Skills; Work well within a team and independently; Punctual; Adhere to set KPIs
Ability and willingness to learn new skill set with regards to undertaking medical assessments
Ability to drive the medical mobile unit
Health Screening (Health Surveillance)
- Undertake all required tests accurately within scheduled times
- Communicate effectively with individuals being tested and management on-site in a professional manner
- Provide clear advice and instruction on specific areas such as use of personal protection equipment
- Ensure all screening protocols are followed
Management of Information
- Accurately collect and record results from the tests undertaken
- Input onto OH system as and when required
- Report results into the Operations department daily
Management of Equipment and Consumables
- Assume responsibility for all screening equipment
- Manage stock levels –paperwork and consumables
- Ensure that the mobile unit is kept clean and meets set standards
- Professional conduct at all times ensuring all matters are handled correctly and customers are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner
- Kept up-to-date with current regulations and paperwork
- Kept up-to-date with procedures and protocols as set by the Quality Department
- Keep in regular contact with line manager
**** Occupational Health experience working within the NHS / Healthcare setting.
****Experience in a pro-active Occupational Health role.
****Qualification or proven experience of health promotion.
****Demonstrate experience of developing an organisation wide service
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for doctors, nurses & AHP medical professionals.
Call us today on +44 (0)1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your NMC registration to email@example.com You are able to apply online (see below)