Anaesthetics- ICU/ ITU Senior House Officer RMO Resident Doctor SHO in Australia (Victoria) via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term / permanent basis.
***Speciality: Anaesthesia / Anaesthetist / Anaesthetics- ICU/ ITU
***Location: Australia (Victoria)
*** Role: Resident Doctor SHO / Senior House Officer / Medical Officer (3 years + clinical experience minimum)
*** AMC Registration Required (Australian Medical Council) and or AHPRA Registration before an offer of employment can be made or in process of obtaining.
***Start date: ASAP
***Note: Exact location details provided on application
***Duration: 12 months with extension
***Pay rate: £NEGOTIABLE (dependent on experience 80,000 – 110,000 Australian $ per annum)
A Resident Doctor SHO / Senior House Officer / Medical Officer is sought to join a prestigious hospital in Australia. As everyone knows Australian Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world- doctors with experience and training in Australia typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction.
This large modern hospital service provides an excellent standard of public care. This role will suit an experienced and enthusiastic Anaesthetics Resident who will join the inpatient and outpatient Anaesthesia Service and work across the region. This role involves providing specialist diagnosis, treatment and care for public patients. Applicants must have specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant specialty. There will be teaching, training and research opportunities in this role and the department is committed to ongoing professional development. The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary package and a flexible work and life balance.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute to a patient focused approach in the provision of clinical care by:
- Adhering to and supporting practices that ensure patient’s rights are respected
• Assisting in the investigation of and addressing patient complaints in a positive, constructive manner
• Maximising the participation of consumers in their care
• Ensuring consent procedures are followed
• Co-ordinating and documenting the admission, management and discharge planning of patients seen in or admitted to his/her department
• The day-to-day assessment and management of the patients in his/her Unit, communicating with them and their family the nature of their condition and its treatment.
• Communicating and co-ordinating care with their team, arranging consultation with other staff when appropriate, then arranging discharge and liaising with local medical officers and other community based care modalities.
• All decisions concerning the patient(s) in consultation with their immediate supervisor.
Contribute to the adoption of responsive risk management practices by:
- Maintaining an awareness of risk in the clinical environment
• Actively supporting and contributing to risk management initiatives
• Reporting sentinel events, potential medical negligence claims and adverse patient incidentsContribute to the provision of high standard clinical services by:
- Providing medical care to patients in the emergency department and after hours to provide emergency care to ward based patients
• Participating in relevant multi-disciplinary meetings
• Ensuring the appropriate documentation of clinical care in patients’ medical records and ensuring the timely provision of discharge summaries, written specialist opinions and requested medical reports
• Assisting the Director Medical Services, the Director of Nursing & Patient Services and Clinical Service Coordinators in planning and organising the delivery of clinical services
Contribute to advances in knowledge by:
- Initiating and participating in research if available Contribute to continuous evaluation and improvement of clinical services by:
• Initiating and supporting clinical improvement activities. This will involve evaluation of clinical processes and service outcomes, identifying possible areas for improvement and implementing the required changes
Contribute to the efficient management of the financial and material resources of the Service by:
- Using facilities, equipment and supplies in the most cost efficient manner
• Contributing to case-mix management by ensuring that appropriate practices are in place to ensure the documentation of clinical information so that timely coding of required data occurs
• To be discussed with the successful applicant at interview stage. This General Position Specification will be reviewed through the candidates CV. The Hospital will regularly as part of a performance management process to ensure performance and skills and abilities match the requirements of the position. This regular review will ensure that the Position Specification is current and reflects accurately the duties carried out by the incumbent
• Basic medical qualification recognised in Australia
• Registrable with the Medical Board of Australia
Personal Abilities/Aptitudes/Skills (Related to the job description and expressed in a way which allows objective assessment.
• clinical skills in line with advertised position
• professional integrity
• ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• commitment to quality improvement
• ability to be adaptable to change
• good communication skills, both verbally and in writing Experience (Including community experience)
• At least three years of postgraduate clinical
• Sound Experience in procedural skills
• Good theoretical knowledge
• Sound examination and diagnostic skills
• Knowledge and awareness of quality improvement activities and clinical risk reduction and patient safety techniques
Workplace Doctors are looking for medical professionals with UK & Overseas experience: that possess the following qualities:
*** Ability to cope with a varying work load
*** AMC Registration Required (Australian Medical Council) and or AHPRA Registration – We can provide guidance if needed just email us!
*** IELTS (English Language, overall score 7.0 / 7.5)
*** Ability to act as part of a team
*** Ensuring the health and safety of our clients patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything. As part of this commitment, all new members of the hospital team must meet the immunisation requirements of their role prior to commencement.
You are able to also apply online (see below) or email your cv to email@example.com
We look forward to helping you progress your career and find you the ideal position.
Doctors Guide to working in Australia – Click here
***Please note due to the high number of applications, we do answer every application in turn.***